23rd EU PVSEC Preview
Global PV Industry taking planes, trains, automobiles, and perhaps boats to Valencia for “the most important international Event in the field of Photovoltaics”.
The 23rd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC) opens Monday, September 1, 2008 (Labor Day!), and runs through the Closing Ceremony at Noon on Friday, September 5, 2008, located at the Feria Valencia Convention and Exhibition Centre in Valencia, Spain.
While the Conference Dinner is booked, it appears Conference Registration is still possible. Per custom, the Welcome Letter has been emailed to Registered Conference Delegates and will also be included in the Conference Bag. Please consult the Overview on the venue and Practical Information for the layout of the Feria and information about Valencia.
Here’s the entire Conference Program Outline including:
- Oral and Plenary Presentations: Sorted By Days or By Topic
- Visual Presentations: By Days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- All posters can be presented from Monday through Thursday this year.
- Conference Side Events including:
- Seminar „meeting the challenges of the GigaWatt fab“
- Grid Parity and Beyond - Workshop organized by IEA PVPS
- 5th European PV Industry Forum (Draft Program)
- EPIA Industry Area
- Located at the EPIA stand in Hall 1/D7 with the Speed Networking zone and the Presentation and Workshop zone featuring the Alliance for Rural Electrification Workshop (Program), and PV CYCLE (“European Association for Voluntary Take-Back and Recovering of Photovoltaic Modules”) presentations.
- B2B Workshops
- Grid Parity – two words, many different meanings
- Development of Leading European Markets - Policy up-date
- New requirements for grid connection
- EPIA Beach Party
- Billed as an exclusive “invitation only” event on Thursday, September 4, 2008, after the close of the exhibition.
- EPIA Open Bar
- The EPIA Open Bar, a new tradition from Milan, returns Tuesday and Wednesday from 17:30 to19:00 (5:30 to 7:00 PM) to facilitate informal meetings, networking and relaxation.
About 600 exhibitors covering 48000 square meters of space have booked the Feria Valencia for the 23rd EU PVSEC. The Exhibition will is open Monday, September 1, 2008, through Thursday, September 4, 2008, from 09:00 to 18:00 (9:00 AM to 6:00PM). Best of all, visiting the 23rd EU PVSEC Exhibition is free with registration available onsite.
Here are the List of Exhibitors, Exhibition hall layouts, and mappings:
- List of Exhibitors: A-D, E-H, I-M, N-R, S-T, U-Z
- Hall Layouts: Hall 1, Hall 2, Hall 3, Hall 4
- Alphabetical Exhibitor Listing with Stand
- Numerical Stand Listing with Exhibitor
This year, the Becquerel Prize 2008 will be awarded at the Closing Session instead of the Opening Session (please see “22nd EU PVSEC Opens”). Maybe this will encourage more attendance on the last day of the Conference?