Photovoltaics: 2007 Post Review and 2008 Trends to Watch – Part 1
As usual, I am a day or two late on the ubiquitous 2007 Blog year in review and 2008 trends post.
2007 started off strong with the second installment of the Solarvalue Ruše series:
And the Blog ramped in popularity throughout 2007. Per FeedBurner, my RSS and email subscribers grew from an intrepid fifty (50) base to a year end niche 400. That’s a better growth rate than a certain Solar First stock. Yes, Solar and First were transposed on purpose. I don’t like having Blog Posts show up under a stock on Google Finance just because it is mentioned in passing.
I’ve selected my top 5 posts based on the sound of the headline or actual content as criteria. In 2007, I grew bored trying to get a Solar or Photovoltaic into a post headline just to game the search engines. Although I still use these keywords, I enjoy crafting the best unique, original headline for each post. But I am never afraid to reuse (overuse?) headline phrases to create a new series.
My Top 5 Posts by Headline:
- From Russia with Polysilicon
- Solarvalue: What ever happened to the M5 arc furnace?
- Where is the SunPower SPR-315 Solar Module?
- Blunden’s Blunder at EPIA’s 4th European PV Industry Forum
- Ruše Surprise: Solarvalue delays Solar Grade Silicon production
Honorable mention: AE Polysilicon: Follow the Trichlorosilane
My Top 5 Posts by Content:
- In Search of AE Polysilicon (also see Silicon Setback by Jennifer Kho at Greentech Media) and follow up AE Polysilicon: Preliminary Plan Approved
- In Search of Nanosolar GmbH
- Solarvalue AG Analyst Conference at the 8. Forum Solarpraxis
- Oerlikon solar at work: Intersolar 2007 with follow ups Oerlikon solar (almost) at work: ersol Thin Film delays production and ersol Thin Film: solar (back) at work
- Blue Square Energy sets the impurity enriched solar cell record straight
Honorable mention: 6N Silicon: Solar Grade Silicon from Ontario
As you can see, I am having trouble picking just five (5) of my favorite posts by either criteria. The new In Search of series became two of my top 5 content favorites after debuting towards the end of 2007.
In Part 2, I will list the Top 5 Most Popular Posts with Blog readers and 5 Trends to Watch in 2008.
I hope your 2008 (two thousand eight) has started great.