Please visit http://guntherportfolio.com
for new posts.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

PV Industry Forum 2006 in Freiburg im Breisgau plus German WM win celebrations

First, I will post my interpretation of the PV Industry Forum 2006 tomorrow. In my opinion, the presentation by Prof. Dr. Peter Woditsch, CEO of Deutsche Solar AG, was the most interesting and dynamic presentation of the day long event.

Meanwhile, here are some photos of German soccer fans celebrating their national team's win against Costa Rica, 4-2, in the World Cup. The rise in German pride regarding their flag and team was reported this weekend in the New York Times (free registration may be required to access). The impromptu parade of people and cars would make American sports fan proud!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Germany lost to Italy by 2 fine goals in extra overtime today. So, they can't be that happy :-)

Madan

1:07 AM  
Blogger Edgar A. Gunther said...

Alas, I am sure the German fans were disappointed. I watched the game in Zurich before my return to the US. Italy was the overwhelming favorite of the Zurich fans...

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home