Please visit http://guntherportfolio.com
for new posts.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Select Videos from the 22nd EU PVSEC

Mr. Scanio, Oral Presentations, and the Q-Cells Band

Here is one for Italian speaking readers. Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio, Italian Minister for the Environment, Land, and Sea, answers a press question about Italian Photovoltaic market development in Italiano.

The following presentations made by Dr. Barnett and Dr. Hesse were included in Dr. Ossenbrink’s 22nd EU PVSEC Technical Highlights.

Dr. Allen Barnett presented “Milestones Toward 50% Efficient Solar Cells” on Monday, September 3, 2007. I decided to video this presentation after the first few minutes.

Here is the paper citation:

1AO.6.7 A. Barnett, C.B. Honsberg, K. Goossen & F. Kiamilev
University of Delaware, Newark, USA
D. Kirkpatrick
DARPA, Arlington, USA
S.R. Kurtz, M.W. Wanlass, K. Emery & L. Kazmerski
NREL, Golden, USA
D. Moore
University of Rochester, United Kingdom
R. Schwartz
Purdue University, USA
D.J. Aiken
Emcore, Albuquerque, USA
Milestones Toward 50% Efficient Solar Cells

Dr. Karl Hesse, Wacker Chemie AG, Polysilicon Division, presented "An Overview on Silicon Feedstock" on Thursday, September 6, 2007.

2DP.1.5 K. Hesse
Wacker-Chemie, Burghausen, Germany
An Overview on Silicon Feedstock
I believe Dr. Hesse is trying to create FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) regarding refined metallurgical silicon or solar grade silicon.

The Q-Cells Party has developed a reputation as the best party at EU PVSEC. Last year at the 21st EU PVSEC in Dresden, I didn’t even hear about the Q-Cells Party until afterwards. This year, the Q-Cells Party took place at Karma in southeast Milan, Italy, on Tuesday night.

Here are my video bootlegs of the Q-Cells Band. My Canon Powershot SD800 IS digital camera only records in mono, so the Band is much better than these soundtracks. If you have viewed my videos before, the infernal audio clicks are a bug with this camera and occur every time the zoom is adjusted while recording a video.

Q-Cells AG CEO Anton Milner joins the Band towards the end of the set for "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction".

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll"

I think I have heard this song, but I don't know the name of das Lied.

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash from a distance.

Any idea which of the Band's three front women was my fav? I am not telling.
I have a bunch more EU PVSEC videos to screen for post worthiness.

And when I see a Visual presentation like this:

3AV.1.4 A. Barnett, C.B. Honsberg & D. Prather
University of Delaware, Newark, USA
J. Culik, D. Ford, K. Allison & J. Barnett
Blue Square Energy, North East, USA
High Performance Thin Silicon Solar Cells

I cannot help but wonder if Dr. Barnett working this close with his son’s company, Blue Square Energy, and AstroPower alumni doesn’t represent one huge conflict of interest?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi gunther
the Song you have heard is: Zu Spät (too late) performed by Die Ärzte (the doctors;-)
see for example w3.myvideo.de/watch/148599

maybe you know some other sources (paper or vids) from the 22nd EU PVSEC.

I would be happy if post something more in that way on your very interesting blog.
thx radek

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home